Effective Date: November 17, 2015
2. THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
3. PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION (PII)
4. NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION (NON-PII)
5. HOW DO WE USE THE PII COLLECTED?
6. TO WHOM IS THE PII DISCLOSED?
7. HOW DO WE USE AND DISCLOSE THE NON-PII COLLECTED?
8. INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THIRD PARTIES
9. INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
11. OPTING OUT OF CERTAIN JAFRA COMMUNICATIONS
12. UPDATING YOUR PII
13. CONTACTING US
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS STATEMENT DOES NOT ADDRESS THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OR POLICIES OF THIRD PARTIES WITH WHICH WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY, INCLUDING JAFRA INDEPENDENT CONSULTANTS. JAFRA Independent Consultants are independent third-party contractors of JAFRA and are not otherwise affiliated with JAFRA. Although we seek to ensure that JAFRA Independent Consultants honor customers' opt-out requests, treat customer information confidentially and act in accordance with applicable law, our Independent Consultants may have different practices with respect to the collection, sharing, and use of your information.
2. THE INFORMATION COLLECTED. We collect two basic types of information through the JAFRA WEBSITES: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information. "Personally Identifiable Information" (or "PII") is information that identifies you as an individual - for example, your name, contact information, credit card information, billing address and shipping information. We may also request additional PII if you become or apply to become a JAFRA Independent Consultant, such as your Social Security number, date of birth, and financial information in order to provide payments due to you. "Non-Personally Identifiable Information" (or "Non-PII") is information such as demographic information, IP addresses, information about your computer or use of the JAFRA WEBSITES, and other information that does not reveal your specific identity.
3. PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION (PII). You do not have to provide PII to access the JAFRA WEBSITES. However, in order for you to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the JAFRA WEBSITES (for example, to register for an account with JAFRA, to make a purchase through the JAFRA WEBSITES, or to work with us as a JAFRA Independent Consultant), we may require that you furnish us with PII through the JAFRA WEBSITES. JAFRA will collect PII from you through the JAFRA WEBSITES only when you provide it to us voluntarily. JAFRA may also collect PII about you from our Independent Consultants if you have voluntarily provided such information to an Independent Consultant. If you use the JAFRA WEBSITES to forward information to a friend, we will also collect the name and contact information you provide for your friend. We may combine the PII we collect with information available from other sources, including information received from promotional partners or other third parties.
5. HOW DO WE USE THE PII COLLECTED? We may use the PII we collect to provide or improve our services, such as in the following ways:
a.) RESPONDING TO YOUR INQUIRIES AND FULFILLING YOUR REQUESTS. We may use your PII to connect you to a JAFRA Independent Consultant, fulfill your product orders, respond to your inquiries to JAFRA, and fulfill your other requests. For example, we may send you newsletters that you request when you sign up to join our mailing lists or send you information about other items from JAFRA or selected partners that may be of interest to you.
b.) SENDING ADMINISTRATIVE EMAILS. From time to time, at our sole discretion, we may use your PII to send you emails (a) to confirm your registration with the JAFRA WEBSITES, (b) to confirm a transaction through the JAFRA WEBSITES, (c) to inform you that we have received your PII, (d) to provide you with information regarding the JAFRA WEBSITES, or (e) to inform you of changes to this Statement, our Terms and Conditions, or our other terms, conditions, or policies ("Administrative Emails").
c.) WORKING WITH YOU AS AN INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT. If you become, or apply to become, a JAFRA Independent Consultant, we will use your PII to communicate with you about JAFRA, to process payments to or from you, to ship products to you upon your request, to put you in contact with potential customers, and otherwise to support you in your role as an Independent Consultant.
6. TO WHOM IS THE PII DISCLOSED? We may disclose the PII we collect in the following ways:
a.) DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. JAFRA may share your PII with Independent Consultants with your affirmative agreement. For example, if you request to order products through a JAFRA Independent Consultant or to otherwise interact with a JAFRA Independent Consultant, JAFRA will provide your PII with your agreement to such JAFRA Independent Consultant to fulfill your request. Similarly, if you place an order through a JAFRA Independent Consultant's online store via the Client Direct Program or if you elect to have a JAFRA Independent Consultant deliver products to you, we may disclose your PII to such JAFRA Independent Consultant. JAFRA Independent Consultants who receive your PII may then use it to contact you about additional offers that may interest you.
We may also disclose your PII to other third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like to opt out of this type of sharing with other third parties, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
b.) DISCLOSING JAFRA INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT INFORMATION. If you are a JAFRA Independent Consultant, we may disclose certain PII (for example, your name and contact information) and other information to current and potential JAFRA customers who are seeking the assistance of a JAFRA Independent Consultant, to customers who are or who become attached to you, and to other JAFRA Independent Consultants (for example, if you are a "downline" JAFRA Independent Consultant, we may make your PII and other information about you available to your upline).
c.) ENABLING SERVICE PROVIDERS TO PROVIDE SERVICES. We may share your PII with Service Providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide services and carry out other business operations on our behalf.
d.) FACILITATING "FORWARD TO A FRIEND" FUNCTIONALITY. If you wish to use a JAFRA website's functionality to send a friend a link to a page on the JAFRA WEBSITES, you will be asked to provide us with your name and email address, as well as your friend's name and email address, so that we may facilitate your sending of such link. Your name and your email address will be disclosed to your friend in such email.
e.) BUSINESS TRANSFERS. We reserve the right to transfer any and all PII and Non-PII that we collect from users of the JAFRA WEBSITES to a third party in the event of any merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of JAFRA's assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
f.) AFFILIATES. We may share your PII with other businesses that are part of JAFRA's corporate family.
g.) OTHER DISCLOSURES. Finally, notwithstanding any other provision of this Statement or the Terms and Conditions to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose and use your PII if we believe that we are required to do so: (i) by law; (ii) in response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena; (iii) in response to a law enforcement agency's request; (iv) to enforce the Terms and Conditions or our other terms, conditions, or policies; (v) to protect our operations; (vi) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of JAFRA, you or others; and/or (vii) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. For example, we may, to the fullest extent the law allows, disclose PII about you to law enforcement agencies to assist them in identifying individuals who have been or may be engaged in unlawful activities.
7. HOW DO WE USE AND DISCLOSE THE NON-PII COLLECTED? We reserve the right to use Non-PII, and to disclose Non-PII to third parties, for any purpose.
- INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THIRD PARTIES. We may allow selected third party services to collect non-personally identifiable information on the JAFRA WEBSITES. These companies may use technologies, including cookies and web beacons, to collect information about use of the JAFRA WEBSITES in order to analyze, report on, or customize content or advertising on the JAFRA WEBSITES or on other sites, or to help us operate and improve the JAFRA WEBSITES.
The JAFRA WEBSITES may include social media tools, such as social networking and blogging tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share PII or other information about your use of the JAFRA WEBSITES, or otherwise interact with social media features on the JAFRA WEBSITES, those social media companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party social media companies and the use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the social media companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any social media accounts you create and use.
9. INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING. We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (Advertising Providers) who serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated sites. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be more relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your visits to the JAFRA WEBSITES and elsewhere over time.
You may visit www.aboutads.info to learn more about this type of advertising and to opt-out of this form of advertising by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance self-regulatory program. Note that electing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. In addition, note that if you use a different browser or erase cookies from your browser, you may need to renew your opt-out choice.
10. SECURITY. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help us safeguard against unauthorized access to PII and to help maintain data security. For example, we use an encryption technology called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to help protect the transmission of certain information to and from the JAFRA WEBSITES.
11. OPTING OUT OF CERTAIN JAFRA COMMUNICATIONS. If you would prefer not to receive email messages from JAFRA about new products, specials and other promotions, you may opt out from receiving such messages by following the "unsubscribe" instructions contained in any such emails you have received, or, if you have registered with a JAFRA WEBSITE, you may use that JAFRA WEBSITE's "modify account information" or similar functionality to opt out from receiving such messages.
12. UPDATING YOUR PII. If you would like to update PII previously provided to us through a JAFRA WEBSITE, you may use that JAFRA WEBSITE's "modify account information" or similar functionality.
13. CONTACTING US. If you have any questions regarding this Statement, please contact us by email at email@example.com. Please note that email communications are not necessarily secure. Accordingly, you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your email correspondence with us.